Guadalajara

Guadalajara
Pan Am Games

Sunday, September 30, 2012

Captains=Influence

Tonight we're having the captains of the volleyball, basketball, track and field, and soccer women's teams at UDLAP over for dinner. We decided we wanted to show them how important their role really is and that we're here to support them in whatever they need. I'm not sure how close the different sports are. What I mean by that is I know all the athletes know each other from the different teams, I just don't know if they're buddies or just know each others' faces. I think tonight will be cool to get them to hang out and get some recognition.

I've been practicing with the volleyball and basketball girls and it's such a different feel to be just at UDLAP. I feel like I get to see all the girls throughout the entire day instead of just during the 2 hours. It's amazing to see how the ground work has been set by last year and now it's just a ton of growth in the relationships that have already been made. This year already has a completely different feel then last year.

Last week I started with the team talks for the volleyball team and made them binders with their pictures, quotes, and places for them to take notes and they loved them!! They're always stoked to get new stuff especially if it has their picture in it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment