Guadalajara

Guadalajara
Pan Am Games

Friday, November 30, 2012

Answer to prayer... again :)

I can't get over how amazing God is! Similar to the story I told about Fer from the volleyball team, there's another girl on the team that is pretty cold, distant, complains about pretty much everything (I'm not painting a very good picture of her even though I like her a lot). I've been praying for her specifically the last few weeks for the same thing, just that God would give us time to talk and something to talk about just to get to know her. This week especially she's been pretty angry and distant and apathetic about everything. Today, out of "nowhere" she starting asking me about the team talks. This was when she was supposed to be warming up. She said, "I don't know if I've told you but my aunt is doing really bad. She has a brain tumor and has to have surgery today. That's why I've been so distant and not feeling like doing anything." She had absolutely no reason to tell me that, nor has she ever really initiated a conversation with me. I told her I'd be praying and if she needs anything to let me know and to for sure tell me how the surgery turns out. After practice she took off pretty quickly but I ran after her to give her a hug and tell her I'm praying for her and her aunt. God's timing is incredible! Will this turn into anything?? Who knows, but I'm praising Jesus for answered prayer even in the small things!

No comments:

Post a Comment