Guadalajara

Guadalajara
Pan Am Games

Saturday, February 25, 2012

Mexico, Mexico, Mexico

Weeks are FLYING by right now. I don't know if that's good or bad. We've been having some great meetings with our girls (Alice, Abigail, Yun). We were at one of the Tec games last week. It had just ended and they had won by 1 and played really well. We met one of the girls' parents after and she said, "These are the girls from Athletes in Action that I was telling you about." They both got really excited and said, "Oh thank you so much for taking care of our girl. Her faith is so important and we're really happy that you guys can help her." They were really sweet. Starting on Monday, we'll be meeting with her once a week. I'm really excited!
Alice is really excited about the possibility of going on a summer tour with AIA (like the one that I did with basketball). The volleyball tour goes to Brazil (how sweet would that be???) She also might do her social service/practicum for her last semester of school with AIA. What that would look like, I have no idea. She might help us with the summer teams that are coming down. We're waiting for her to get the go ahead from her department. Please be praying for that!
We were at a staff meeting last week and the first question for us was, on a scale from 1-10, how are we feeling like things are going?? My response was about an 8.5. I'm absolutely LOVING what I'm doing and feel like relationships are going really well. The only 1.5 that I was missing was because I felt kind of overwhelmed by all the stuff I had to get done. I want to thank all of you for your prayers and support! They're definitely NEEDED and APPRECIATED!
Please also be praying for London, Mary who is STILL in the U.S. sick but getting better, and Yost's family who is going through some hard times. Thank you, thank you, thank you! Love you all a whole lot!

No comments:

Post a Comment