Guadalajara

Guadalajara
Pan Am Games

Thursday, February 2, 2012

One of the basketball girls, Becky, said she had to talk to me the other day and it was urgent. We went on a walk (she was on crutches at the time so it was a very slow walk) and she was telling me about all of the things that were going wrong in her life and how she wanted to leave Puebla. There were some parts of her story that I couldn't understand. Sometimes I have to ask about 200 clarifying questions to Spanish speakers to make sure I'm understanding what they're actually saying. Poor girl had me asking all kinds of questions. She was telling me she was at her limit and couldn't take anymore!
That was about a week ago. The other day I texted her and said I had been thinking a lot about what she was telling me and wanted to talk to her. I really felt like I was supposed to share the Gospel with her but maybe that other day we were talking wasn't the right timing. We went and had breakfast today after practice and she just broke down and cried in the middle of the cafeteria. She's been with her girlfriend for over a year and they just broke up. She's really afraid of being alone and is just really hurt by the break-up. I shared the Gospel with her telling her that God is the only one that has helped me when I felt like I was at my limit. She was very receptive of it and is really searching. We had a really great talk about how she blocks all her problems out and refuses to think about anything which makes it impossible to process things which in turn just makes feelings and problems drag out much longer than if they're just dealt with. I challenged her to write in a journal, or on anything really, for at least a half hour each day for the next week and a half in order to get some of her feelings and emotions out. Otherwise she's just going to keep them bottled up and never dealt with. She also said that she was afraid to be alone becuase she was afraid she'd do something to harm herself. She has some support here in Puebla but I'm praying that she gets the right support and guidance from the people who care about her. Please be praying for Becky, that she can experience God's comfort in this hard time and also that she feels encouraged to know God personally.
Thank you thank you!! My next newsletter will be out in the next couple days just a fun fact. I hope you're all doing great! Love you :)

No comments:

Post a Comment