Guadalajara

Guadalajara
Pan Am Games

Sunday, April 29, 2012

So much time, so little Blogging I've been doing.

Hello everyone!!!!
I have done such a terrible job at keeping this blog up to date so I'm going to do my best to fill you in on everything without making it brutally long.

A couple weeks ago, I had the amazing opportunity to climb Iztaccíhuatl (one of the volcanoes here in Puebla). She is the love of the warrior Popocatepetl who killed herself after realizing that the love of her life was "killed" in battle. This is part of the legend of the 2 volcanoes. There's more to it but like I said, I don't want to make this brutally long. We made it all the way up to 16,060 feet!!!!!!! There was snow on the trails, INCREDIBLE views, really thin air, and 10 hours of hiking :) All of it was totally worth it!! It was beautiful! There were 3 people in our group that got altitude sickness but were troopers and made it all the way back down.

We've had about 2 weeks of being able to meet with Becky (the girl who recently accepted Christ)! We gave her a Bible and walked her through how to read it. Her response was, "Yay, now I'll have something to read in my favorite spot." :) I was just reading an article called "Lifetime Laborers To Lead Into The Harvest." It talks about how Heaven parties everytime someone accepts Christ. Then it says, 'What a difference it would make if we even celebrate these small steps students are taking to enter His kingdom." It's cool to think about rejoicing and celebrating everytime someone makes even a baby step towards God and how those baby steps are eventually going to turn into something big. I want to apply this idea of rejoicing all the seemingly small stuff because it's evident that God has His hand on these small things too.

Alice, one of the volleyball players, applied to go to Costa Rica for one of their Athletes in Action summer tours. It's just like the basketball tour I did 2 years ago here in Mexico. Things have been kind of chaotic in the process but as soon as she gets the green light saying she's accepted, she gets to start raising support!!! This could be huge for her walk with God because it will take her out of her comfort zone, teach her how to share her faith with others, help build our relationship because we would be doing the training camp material together, and she'll get to practice sharing the gospel!!! I just remember what an amazing time it was for me and how God worked through that tour to bring me back here to continue teaching me things. Please be praying that A) she gets accepted B) She can raise all her support, and C) That this trip would be monumental in her walk with Christ!!!!! That her life will be changed for the better as a result of going on the trip :)

Thanks guys!!!! Love you lots!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment