Guadalajara

Guadalajara
Pan Am Games

Thursday, April 5, 2012

April already

I have failed miserably at keeping my blog updated, my deepest apologies. My friend from college that I haven't seen in about 3 years came to visit a couple weekends ago. Neither of us knew that we were both in Mexico. She was visiting her aunt and uncle in Cuernavaca and then she came to visit me in Puebla!! It was so good to see her again. We went to African Safari (a massive open land area where they have a ton of sweet animals... see the pictures I put up) and spent the whole day exploring and getting to know the outskirts of Puebla. I'm hoping she'll be able to come back and visit after her meditation class that she's taking now. She got sick all day Saturday the weekend she was here and so our time together was kind of cut short.
We went to a conference this weekend that I wrote about in my newsletter. It was awesome to hear Julio give his testimony in front of everyone. The goal was to keep it to 5 minutes just to be courteous of time and audience friendly but he spoke for 22 minutes! Here's the kicker... he's so good at speaking in front of people and so animated that it felt like it was 10 minutes. Everyone else said so too. Afterwards we talked to him and he said, "I didn't even say anything that I had planned to say. I said everything else though :)."
Katie is still in the states but is feeling better!!!! She should be back here in the middle of this month hopefully!!! Thank you for all the prayers :)
I wrote this in my newsletter but wanted to go a little bit more in depth here. Yost and I have both decided to stay in Mexico for another year. Our first year ends in September so technically, I should be back in the States September of 2013 (unless I feel called somewhere else). We were given the deadline of April 1 to decide and I was a complete mess that first week after I realized how quickly the deadline was coming up. I didn't know what to do, I missed my family and friends and really was just a big crying wuss of a mess. I can honestly say that this is the first really big decision that I have had to make where I feel like I have really tried to seek out what God wants me to do and really remove any selfish ambition that I had (that's brutally hard for me to do). After talking to lots of people and praying a ton, I really feel at peace about staying here. It's kind of a weird feeling because I was CONVINCED that I was going home after this year was up but I really feel like I'm where I'm supposed to be right now. There were some consequences that went along with my decision but I feel like this is the right thing to do.
Thank you all so much for all your support!!!! Love you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment