Guadalajara

Guadalajara
Pan Am Games

Friday, January 11, 2013

Short note about the teams

It was so fun to come back and see the volleyball and basketball teams!!! I know it's only been a couple weeks since I've seen them but it was still great to be able to hang out again. Volleyball is just as awesome as ever and I've spent all week at their practices. Basketball can use a lot of prayer. Recently (over break) their coach took a job in the U.S. The thing with majority of the sports in Mexico is their season lasts the entire year. So, in other words, their coachless for the second half of the season, including the Finals in May (I think). They've interviewed a couple people but so far nothing left. Their games start next week and they have yet to practice. Please keep them in your prayers both for their feelings toward the old coach and for someone to take over that will do a good job. The kicker is that it's a guys team and a girls team that he was coaching so now both are coachless. I know they'll be fine but there are a bunch of changes happening so we'll see... I'll keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment