Guadalajara

Guadalajara
Pan Am Games

Friday, January 11, 2013

Happy New Year!

Happy 2013!! I hope you're all starting out the year with gusto :) Any New year's resolutions? I don't think I've ever made any resolutions. So maybe that's my resolution... to not make resolutions.

I went home for 2 weeks for Christmas and New Years. I thought I was going to spend New Years in the plane since my flight was on New Years Eve BUT, I wasn't really emotionally ready to leave my family quite yet on that Sunday night and God blessed me with a few extra days! My airline called me Sunday night saying my flight was cancelled and changed to Wednesday!!! It wasn't 4 hours earlier that I was on the phone with the airline checking how much it would cost to change my flight to the next day. $800 seemed pretty steep to stay an extra day so instead God gave me 2 extra days for free :) I love how He works!

My time at home was incredible!! Spending tons of time with family and friends, playing lots of basketball and eating more than the average human. I always feel refreshed after being with the people I love and not having any other agenda. Just spend time and BE! Nothing else. It was amazing.

I loved my time there but I also love being back here in Puebla! I think it's so cool and super hard to be put in different cultures and situations and try and apply all the things that I've been learning and put them into practice. It's completely different apply different things the Lord teaches in one culture and surrounding than another. I found that out just recently (seems like a pretty obvious revelation but alot of things take me longer to learn. Good thing God is patient). Needless to say, I'm still growing and learning alot in my walk with the Lord and am excited to be back to Mexico to continue to be challenged and to grow and to see all the people I love down here too :)

Love you all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment