Guadalajara

Guadalajara
Pan Am Games

Sunday, October 2, 2011

I have arrived!!

I flew in last night at about 8:30 after a super long day of travel but no complications, thank you Jesus! I made the brilliant choice of not going to sleep the night before since I had to get up at 3:30 the next morning anyway. Plus, I'm 24 and 24 year olds are invincible, right? Wrong. I paid for it by falling asleep over and over in the plane only to wake up jerking my entire body as if I was falling asleep in class (which I've never done... ever.) I felt bad for the two gentlemen on either side of me who probably thought I was having seizures.
I was warmly welcomed by the staff down here and brought to my new, temporary house. My host family is amazing! There are 2 girls that are from Mexico that I live with and are going to be lots of fun. I'll be here for the next 2 weeks after which, we'll be going to Guadalajara for the PanAmerica games (kind of like the Olympics only just for Central America). We'll be there for almost 3 weeks. My teammates should be joining me by November 1. Once they get here, we'll get an apartment together.
We went to church this morning but for the most part, today is pretty relaxed. I have to say that I'm REALLY excited for this next year. I'm surrounded by amazing people and lots of culture. I'll still be sending out monthly newsletters but this is for a little bit more play by play :)
Just wanted to let you know I made it safely and the journey is beginning! Love you all!!

1 comment:

  1. So glad you are here Marnie! I'm excited to see how God uses you and what God does in and through you as you minster to the athletes and students at the university!

    ReplyDelete