Guadalajara

Guadalajara
Pan Am Games

Sunday, October 9, 2011

Week 1 :)

I think I've officially acclimated to the elevation. It took a couple of headaches, going running a couple times, a LOT of water and some whining but it worked!
It's hard to believe that a week has already passed. I went to watch a basketball game on Friday between 2 of the teams that I've been working with. It was a blow-out unfortunately. Luckily, I was too preocupied by the mosquitos DOMINATING me to worry about the score. It's the only gym that I've been in where you have to bathe in bug repellent before you go. I think I'm up to about 40 bites now... try not to be jealous. I watch all the people around me not even phased by them, apparently because they're not being attacked. Then there's the gringa looking like she's going crazy. I've learned it's a great ice breaker to be completely shameless and look like an idiot.... nothing has changed. I was able to talk to both of the basketball coaches before and after the game and I'm praying that it's only a matter of time before I get to play with their teams. One of them wants to meet soon to talk, so please keep praying that those doors open sooner rather than later.
I've gotten to know a lot more of the players, especially on the basketball team, so I really enjoy going to practices and watching their games. The awkward stage of being the new kid has pretty much passed (except for with the soccer team). Pray that those girls will warm up a little bit and that I know how to talk to them. I know nothing about soccer so I can't even fake a conversation about that. :)
Yesterday we went downtown to explore and it was amazing!! The cathedrals there are incredible. It's the second time that I've seen them but they still boggle my mind. We went to an antique market that I will be frequenting as soon as I move into my new apartment (which I found thank you Jesus!!!). It's in the same building as my co-workers. The only tenants in the whole building will be my roommates, my co-workers, my landlords, and myself. It's going to get crazy :)
There are 3 of us that are leaving for Guadalajara this Wednesday for the Pan America games. If you don't know anything about the PanAm games here's where you can read about it... They sound like a blast! http://www.guadalajara2011.org.mx/eng/02_juegos/gdl2011.asp. We're going to try and meet with some of the athletes while we're there for 3 weeks. Pray that we get to talk to some of the athletes about Jesus! I'll be taking pictures, don't worry.
Love you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment