Guadalajara

Guadalajara
Pan Am Games

Monday, January 2, 2012

I'm BACK!

I have officially made it back to Puebla, safe and sound! It's been a couple days of recoup that were definitely necessary but it feels good to be back. :) I got to spend 2 weeks at home with my amazing family and friends (which made it even harder to leave the second time) but it was so great to be with them especially during the Holidays!
Coming into the airport was fun because I brought back a bouncy castle in my suitcase.... yes, a legitimate full size, kids bouncy castle... don't act surprised. The security gentleman questioned me about what it was (naturally) and I wasn't entirely sure how to describe it in Spanish. So it came out, "a big balloon that is in the shape of a castle that kids can jump in." I'm shocked that they didn't know what I was talking about. :) Then they asked for the invoice that I didn't have because I didn't buy it but also just forgot to put it in my bag. Luckily, John (the one who bought it) was on the other side of the security doors and had the invoice on his phone so they let me free. You may be asking, "Why did you even bring a bouncy castle?" Some of you might not be asking yourself that if you know me at all. But, I brought it for our team leader's son's 3rd birthday party. We've already tested it out and it works perfectly.
Since being back here, I've been reuniting with the team, meeting with them to regroup, talk about vision and schedules for this semester. I have a feeling these next 9 months are going to go by wicked fast! I start practice with Tec tomorrow (they changed their practice time to 8 am).
Our 3rd roommate has arrived!!!!!!!!!!!! Erica Yost is here with us so finally we are all three together! It's so much fun... and ridiculous. :)
Thanks for all the prayers and support! It was GREAT seeing some of you over Christmas! Love you all tons! Please be praying for this next semester, that we'll be able to make great connections with the teams and continue to grow on what's already been planted and established. Thank you , love you, bless you!

No comments:

Post a Comment