Guadalajara

Guadalajara
Pan Am Games

Thursday, January 12, 2012

So much to look forward to!

There are lots of doors opening here :) Thank you Jesus!
I've been practicing with the Tec girls 3 times a week and am at volleyball practice at UDLAP 3 times a week. I feel like relationships are really starting to grow at Tec especially!!! The weeks are going to be packed with getting together with the girls. We're going to start meeting with the captains at Tec starting in 2 weeks. We're going to study The Difference Maker by John Maxwell. I haven't read it but it looks like it's going to be really good. They're excited about it because I think they really do what their team to succeed and they want to know how to lead them well. They definitely have an influence on their peers so it'll be a really good study, for them and for me. :) Lord knows, I've got a LOT to learn!!
There's another girl that I'll be meeting with every week to practice English. Poor girl thinks that I know how to speak English well. We'll see if she can pass her class with a tutor who can't pronunciate anything because she mumbles EVERYTHING!
Next week we're going to have team nights at our house with both teams. Tec will be over here on Tuesday and UDLAP will be here Wednesday! I'm stoked because I'm praying that this will open doors for the girls to feel comfortable to come to our house, know where we live, hopefully break down some of the walls that are built up in some of these girls, and just because it's going to be sweet having the teams here just to have fun!
I'm just really excited about what all is going on here and what these next 9 months hold! It's really encouraging! God's most def on the move :) Please pray for all these different meetings and team nights, that relationships will continue to grow and that our house WILL become a place where all our athletes feel welcome and safe to come to!!
Love you all... lots! Thanks for the prayers :)

p.s. Sorry if there are a ton of typos in my blogs. Odds are good that there are. I haven't really gotten in the habit of reading over what I write. I just get really excited and then hope that all of you can follow my train of thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment