Guadalajara

Guadalajara
Pan Am Games

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Back to Puebla

I know I just sent out my newsletter but I figured I would write on the Blog too... just for fun. These last 3 weeks have been crzay long days but amazing days at the same time. Going into an event like that not knowing what to do or what to expect was a new experience. Reflecting on all the things that God did and continues to do makes me smile. :) I mean, we went in there thinking we'd probably hang out at different places around town hoping to run into some of the athletes then God decides to let us have access to their dorms and cafeterias!!!
I couldn't have asked for a better team to learn from and get along with. They have so much experience with sport ministry and Chaplaincy that it was great just to feed off of their wisdom.
I was amazed at the impact that the Chapel and the relationships that we had made on the athletes. By the end of the games people were saying how thankful they were they had a safe refuge to go to talk and pray. Our numbers ranged from 5-30 people coming to Chapel. There were some days when we didn't have any music for worship so some of the Chaplains would just sing acapella (I was gracious enough to not take on the role of singing acapella. I'm just looking out for everyone else around me) or some nights the athletes would sing or play guitar and drums. We were a pretty eclectic group.
You'll see in some of the pictures some big blue, yellow, and pink anime looking mascots. Those are the mascots of the PanAm games. The blue is Gavo (named after the tequilla plant Agave), the yellow is Leo the lion, and the pink is Huichi. Just a fun fact.
I hope you're all doing great!! Thank you, thank you, thank you for all the prayers and support!

1 comment:

  1. Yay Marn! Thanks for posting pictures too! It was so fun to talk with you the other night! Can't wait to hear more about how God is moving in Mexico!

    ReplyDelete