Guadalajara

Guadalajara
Pan Am Games

Saturday, November 5, 2011

Hi Friends

This week FLEW by! Being back in Puebla has been great. Wednesday was the Dia de los muertos or the Day of the Dead, so after the soccer game which UDLAP won 2-0, my friend and I went downtown to check out all the alters that were made. For those of you that aren't very familiar with Day of the Dead, familes of relatives that have passed away make alters in remembrance of them. It usually includes flowers, skulls, food, things that were symbolic of the person that passed away, pictures, a whole bunch of things. The families make a big meal for the dead so when they come back that night they'll have something to eat. It's a national holiday so most of the city is shut down. I learned alot about this holiday that I definitely didn't know before.
Starting on Monday, I'm going to be working with different teams. I'll be working with the basketball team at Tec de Monterrey, which is a private tech. university, and the volleyball team at UDLAP, which is the same school as the soccer team that I was working with. I'll start practicing with the basketball team on Monday so we'll see how it goes. Today was the first day that I've been able to play since I've been in Mexico so I'll let you know how it goes when I'm done.... if I'm still alive.
Please be praying for this next transition. I'm excited for it but prayers are definitely appreciated. Hope all is fantastic!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment